Hi Randall,

Randall Fidler wrote:

> Hello,
>

>     Using Maven 2.2.1, release:perform seems to break in that it cannot
> find a dependency.  I switch back to using Maven 2.0.9 and all is well.
> Simple example...
>

> Parent pom  (1.0.0.0_b0-snapshot)
>

> |-------- Child A (1.0.0.0_b0-snapshot)
>
> |-------- Child B (1.0.0.0_b0-snapshot)   <-- has a dependency to child
> A 1.0.0.0_b0-snapshot
>

> With 2.0.9, can release b0 (mvn clean, release:prepare, release:perform
> on parent) and Child B is updated to depend on Child A 1.0.0.0_b0 and
> all is well - release is complete.
>

> When I update to Maven 2.2.1, Child A 1.0.0.0_b1 is "built" (it's in the
> target dir) but Child_B complains that it cannot find the dependency.  I
> do have the pom locked down to use version 2.0 beta 7 of the release
> plugin so I'm going to try taking off that "lockdown" and see what I get
> with Maven 2.2.1.
>

> Anybody else experience release plugin problems of this nature with
> 2.2.x?

I remember to run into similar problems, however, it was already from 2.0.9
to 2.0.10 ... or so ;-)

How do you reference ChildA in ChildB? Version inherited from depMgmt of
parent? Own depMgmt in ChildB? Direct version in depepndencies section of
ChildB? Indirect version definition with properties soemwhere?

- Jörg