Gadre,

I think it's assumed that your security configuration will remain stable
"per environment". So at work you will have a settings.xml with proxy
settings and at home a file without proxy settings. Isn't this a one-off
change? Or do you have any particular requirements for which you need to
switch from work/home at runtime? In this case having a script which
swaps the two settings.xml files could be the solution.

M.