On 5/7/2010 2:52 PM, Wayne Fay wrote:
>> The problem I'm having is that the factored-out build steps run when I
>> do "mvn install" on the parent-pom to get it into my local repo.  These
>> steps don't work and throw errors, when run here.
>>
> Put the common stuff in depMgmt in the parent, and only declare the
> plugins in the build section where you want to use them (not parent).
> They will inherit their parameters etc from depMgmt in the parent.

The common stuff is build plugin things, not dependencies.  I don't
think you can put those into depMgmt.

I could put them into pluginManagement, but then all of the projects
would have to "call-out" all of the executions of the various things,
which was one of the things I was trying to factor out.

Did I misunderstand your suggestion?

-Marshall