One way to get a stack trace is to create some malformed XML. For
example, turn this:

  <j:set var="foo" value="bar"/>

into:

  <j:set var="foo" value="bar">

without the ending slash. Or embed a less-than or greater-than sign in
a string, rather than the appropriate XML entity. Both will throw a
SAXParseException with stack trace. The error message printed at the
top of the stack trace is pretty self explanatory in finding the
problem.

  Jeff

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, at 13:40:11 [GMT -0400] Brill Pappin wrote:

> What version did you folks start removing those stack traces?
> It may be that the version installed here is older than the fixes.

> When I see one next I'll post it.. they are usually unexpected though
> and I'm not sure off the top of my head how to reproduce any particular
> trace.

> - Brill Pappin

> Brett Porter wrote:

>>Brill,
>>
>>Do you have an example of a misleading one? You shouldn't get a stack
>>trace unless you have specified -e or -X, and then by definition, you
>>asked for it :)
>>
>>If it is a fatal error (you got the blurb at the end saying how to
>>post it to the list), then we need the whole trace.
>>
>>Some plugins (linkcheck) will dump the stack even when there is no
>>problem. These need to be fixed, but its not a core issue.
>>
>>- Brett

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]