Dan,

I don't understand the requirement here. Why would you need the
persistence.xml file in the WEBAPP/meta-inf folder? Why not to have the
webapp which includes the persistence module as a dependency, thus the
persistence module will be placed under webapp/lib and the classes will
be available in the classpath?