On 18/05/2010 1:09 PM, Bruno Harbulot wrote:
Hi,

I've just submitted this issue: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4680

However, I'm told this wasn't the right place to submit. I'm not sure.
To me, one of the key features of Apache Maven (if not the main feature) is its repository mechanism. This makes the redistribution of software via those repository a core function of Maven. In addition, Maven's success is largely based on its central repository I think (would anyone disagree?), which distributes mostly open-source software, which in turn has licences that apply to its redistribution in most cases.

In appears that the distribution model hasn't fully taken into consideration the problem of licences. Considering that the central repository is in breach of a number of such OSS licences, I'd say there's something wrong with the model in that respect (hence filing the issue with the core framework MNG).