Hi Dave,

in the past I had some experiences with was6-maven-plugin (
http://mojo.codehaus.org/was6-maven-plugin/) and successfully used it to
generate the needed codes for simple EJB and Webservice projects. You have
to know, that this plugin actually delegates this work to the tools created
by IBM and needs an installed WebSphere AS, Process Server or Portal Server
on the machine you do the build.
As far as I can remember, Portal projects are built into a simple war file,
so strictly speaking the build should not be a problem.

It is usually a problem, that into the deployment descriptors of such
project you want to put environment-specific information, which may
introduce the topic of maven profiles, but maybe others can give you better
advice on this. As I do not know too much about your projects, but the more
IBM-specific things you use, the more harder it will be to handle those
situations.

Another issue is that I suppose you use IBM-specific jars in your projects,
that are not in the standard repositories, so you need to add them manually
to your repository.

Best regards,
Balazs