run your tests after the package phase, i.e.

      <plugin>
        <version>2.5</version>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <phase>integration-test</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>test</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>

<testSourceDirectory>${basedir}/src/test2/java</testSourceDirectory>
            </configuration>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>

I have not tested it but it should work

regards,
Kristian

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 11:23 PM, Ernst de Haan <er...@ernstdehaan.com> wrote:
>> Instead of running that test in this module's build, add another
>> module alongside it that depends on this artifact, and run this test
>> there. It will bring in the jar which, as you said, has the manifest
>> in it. You will need a parent pom as well over both modules, and
>> always build your project from the parent.
>
> Another question: How do I make the test-module use the *JAR* instead of just
> the classes?
>
> Here's what I have done:
> - create a separate "base-test" module with a separate POM that depends on
> the "base" module
> - move all unit tests to the "base-test" module
> - run "mvn clean" and then "mvn test"
>
> What happens is:
> - the classes get compiled for the "base" module (but no JAR is generated)
> - the unit tests in "base-test" are executed, using the classes (not the JAR)
> - the tests (obviously) fail
>
> So I try forcing the JAR to be created, using "mvn install", which works. But
> still the unit tests fail, because they appear to use the classes instead of
> the JAR...
>
> Any hints to this next piece of the puzzle?
>

> Ernst

Kristian Meier + Saumya Sharma + Sanuka Meier
Vadakkethu House,
Edayanmula West PO - 689532,
Pathanamthitta District, Kerala, INDIA

tel: +91 468 2319577