From: Rob Greene [mailto:robgre...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 31, 2010 10:27 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Module dependency with unit test

I think this is a basic Maven module question, but I'm not spotting anything
via google.  I assume that when unit testing a multi-module project I can unit
test module-by-module instead of having to do the entire parent project.

Generally, I have a multi-module project hierarchy.  I have the master project
(P) with modules A and B.  A is an SPI interface project and module B depends
on A for those interfaces.  I checkout the master project which has A and B
nested within the project, so all the code is present.  When I run unit tests
via the master project (P), dependencies work and all unit tests run.  When I
run just module B's unit tests, Maven complains that it cannot find the POM for
module A.  These are SNAPSHOT releases, so I assume I should be able to have
maven locate A's code somewhere.

The message is "Failed to resolve artifact".  And it reports module A is
missing.

Both module A and module B have a parent of P and P has modules A and B.  I am
using m2eclipse 0.10, but I tried mvn 2.21 from the command line also.

What am I missing?

Thanks!
-Rob