Thanks, I'm using the checkoutDirectory in my trial pom.xml so it's here to
stay. As far as the standard directory layout my hands are tied I think. My
team is using IBM's RAD and it has a mind of its own but Maven is assembling
all I need rather nicely once I implemented proper locations for code and
META-INF

Cheers,
Dave