Thanks Ron,

But the abc.jar I want to refer to is created in mod2 using assembly plug-in
as an executable jar

mod2/target/abc.jar

It is not a direct dependency of mod1 . When I use dependency-with-war or
dependencyset in my assembly for mod1.1, it is able to refer all other jar
in Mod2 except  abc.jar ... My issue is  when creating a distribution in
Mod1.1 , I want to include the abc.jar (created in mod2 target).

Thanks