> Nothing is going to break, the current API does not change. Make plugins
> the way you currently make them. There are currently no supported embedding
> APIs. Use components at your own risk because they are going to change.
> Users will be fine using Maven and developing plugins as they did. This was
> why Sonatype spent so much time making sure this adapter layer works the way
> it does. It's the only way to use Guice without causing massive disruptions
> to users. We achieved our goal and now it's time to get the 3.0 out.
>
> I'm fine with this, Maven beeing a plugin based system, plugin developers
are mostly users, so stable plugin APIs are a requirement. I just wonder how
a new core with Google Guice as core could open new opportunities for plugin
APIs. But you're right, backward compatibility on plugins is the main
feature to focus on to ensure Maven 3 adoption.

> >> Then once the draft is published we can settle on the APIs and this is
> not
> >> going to happen in the 3.0 timeframe. It's likely to be a 3.1 thing.
> >>

> > Does this mean the only way to run a Maven 3.0.FINAL build in Hudson will
> be
> > "freestyle" job, until we get 3.1 out ?
>
> I have no idea. I've only ever used freestyle projects.
>
> Right, that's maybe the best way. Some user may claim for advanced features
in Hudson allready supporter for Maven2, like incremental build. Wait &
see...