When I install (mvn install) or deploy (mvn deploy) an archetype under Mac
Os x, it seems that Maven do not use .jar extention but an .maven-archetype
extention.

The next problem is that when trying to create a project from the archetype,
maven seeks the archetype.jar.
So the command fails.

I've try the same operation under windows, everything is ok. mvn install ou
mvn deploy generate a jar file.

Does somebody can reproduce the bug on its Mac ?
Step to reproduce :

   - mvn archetype:generate ( select anyone archetype )
   - cd <myproject>
   - mvn archetype:create-from-project
   - cd target/generated-source/archetype
   - mvn install

My configuration :

Maven version: 2.0.9 or 2.2
Java version: 1.6.0_20
OS name: "mac os x" version: "10.6.3" arch: "x86_64" Family: "mac"

thanks

Gildas