Hello,

As stated I'm new to Maven and have been reading a getting started guide.
I'm trying to learn Maven because I want to use i-Jetty (for Android
webapps).  At first I had no idea what the provided pom.xml file meant but I
think I understand it so if I'm not correct then please correct me.  I'm
going to post a snippet to make sure I understand what is going on.  The
artifacts are like jars posted to a central repository such as the
exec-maven-plugin used in the snippet below.  What I don't understand is the
variables they used below under the configuration tag: ${android.home}.
Where would these variables be defined? For now I'm following the simple
webapp for Android so no libraries for Android are called but if I used any
I would have a <dependency> with and artifactId for Android, correct?

SNIPPET
    <plugin>
            <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
            <artifactId>exec-maven-plugin</artifactId>
            <version>1.1</version>
            <executions>
              <!-- Convert the compiled classes into a clases.dex. -->
              <execution>
                <id>generate-dex</id>
                <phase>process-classes</phase>
                <goals>
                  <goal>exec</goal>
                </goals>
                <configuration>

<executable>${android.home}/${android-platform}/tools/dx</executable>
                  <arguments>
                    <!--<argument>-JXmx1024M</argument>-->
                    <argument>--dex</argument>
                    <argument>--verbose</argument>
                    <argument>--core-library</argument>

<argument>--output=${project.build.directory}/classes.dex</argument>
                    <argument>--positions=lines</argument>
                    <argument>${project.build.directory}/classes/</argument>
                  </arguments>
                </configuration>
              </execution>
            </executions>
          </plugin>

I will be importing the project into Eclipse which gives errors for some
unresolved calls, but they will be resolved when I compile with mvn?

Thanks, I will surely be asking more

Chris