Hello,

The case I am looking at is that I have two maven artifact hierarchies that are independent.

Hierarchy A artifacts are core code that is shared between a bunch of different projects.

Hierarchy B artifacts are for a single project and in some cases depend on artifacts from A.

Now the A artifacts pull in the dependencies and define property values to represent the version of the artifact.

The B projects don't care about the version but we need to make sure that the versions used in B match the versions used in A.

In the A hierarchy I can define the ${something.version} and then in A modules it will be able to resolve it.

My question is if there is a way to get the ${something.version} property from the A artifact from within the B hierarchy.

Right now I have to create a matching ${something.version} in the B pom and manually keep them matched on the same version. But I think there must be a command or module that will allow this kind of inter artifact property resolution.

A concrete example would be that A sets a ${spring.version} and in B we want to include a different spring artifact but have the version be aligned with what is being included with the A artifacts.

Thanks,

Mike