>From: Manos Batsis [mailto:manos_li...@geekologue.com]
>On 06/15/2010 01:55 AM, Haszlakiewicz, Eric wrote:
>> Yeah, I started to take a look at the maven-javascript-plugin, but it
>> looks very oriented towards *developing* js packages, and I just want
>> *use* an existing one.
>>
>> It also isn't clear how to tell it where to actually put the files.
>> didn't see anything like that in the mvn-jstools either, and using a
>> filter isn't going to work very well for my project.  (At the moment
>> just need to get an existing project converted to maven with NO
changes
>> to the code at all)
>
>If you can put a JS lib as a JAR in a WAR lib as-is, the servlet filter
>of jstools will just look it up from the classpath and serve it. Take a
>look in the docos, it might work for you and worth it in actually
>handling JS deps.

Like I said, using a servlet filter isn't going to work.  I need to end
up with a war file that is essentially unchanged from the one that I was
building before so I can guarantee to the testing team that everything
will work exactly as before.  The only thing I'm trying to change is to
convert from building with ant, to building with maven.
Thanks for the suggestion though.  I'll probably take a look at using
that for future projects.

Yet another snag to using the maven-javascript-plugin is that it doesn't
appear to actually be available, at least not on Maven central.  Oh
well, I think I figured out a way to do what I need (which I'll explain
in a different message).

eric