Hi all,

I have a hard time figuring out how provided-scoped dependencies interact with transitivity; either the documentation or the maven-dependency-plugin seem to get it wrong.

According to the matrix in <http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html#Dependency_Scope> a provided-scoped dependencies of a provided-scoped project dependency are themselves of scope provided (w.r.t. the project being built).

The maven-dependency-plugin, however, disagrees. Both dependency:tree and dependency:copy-dependencies (with <includeScope>provided</includeScope>) ignore the transitive dependencies of my provided-scoped dependency. :-(

So who's right: the documentation or the plugin?

Best wishes,

Andreas Sewe