I'm experiencing a strange issue and discrepancy with Maven 2.2.1 and
the m2eclipse plugin.

This artifact:

org.hsqldb:hsqldb-j5:2.0.0:jar

has a pom in repo1.maven.org which does not have a defined artifactId.

The m2eclipse plugin successfully resolves the artifact and downloaded
it into my eclipse workspace. But when I go to build my application
using the command I get this error:

[ERROR] FATAL ERROR

[INFO]

[INFO] An invalid artifact was detected.

This artifact might be in your project's POM, or it might have been
included transitively during the resolution process.

 Here is the information we do have for this artifact:

    o GroupID:     org.hsqldb

    o ArtifactID:  <<< MISSING >>>

    o Version:     2.0.0

    o Type:        jar

[INFO]

[INFO] Trace

org.apache.maven.artifact.InvalidArtifactRTException: For artifact
{org.hsqldb:null:2.0.0:jar}: The artifactId cannot be

 empty.

How'd this happen to the pom.xml for this artifact? Is it a bug in
m2eclipse that allows the artifact to be resolved, or is a bug in the
command line maven that doesn't allow the resolution? Can someone fix
the repository?

-B

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL
This email transmission contains privileged and confidential information
intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If the
reader of the email is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent
notified that any use, dissemination or copying of this email transmission is
strictly prohibited by the sender.  If you have received this transmission in
error, please delete the email and immediately notify the sender via the email
return address or mailto:postmas...@argushealth.com.  Thank you.