Install Nexus and these problem (and a lot of other ones) go away.
Out of the box, it will find all of the common dependencies and you can add more 3rd party repos if you need some odd stuff.

You will save yourself a lot of grief and false starts with maven if you get Nexus going early in the project.

Ron