Hello,

I came across what I think is a bug introduced in maven 2.2.x.
In my WAR project, I have a dependency with provided scope, which is
needed by both my classes and test-classes. With maven 2.1.0, everything
compiles ok, classes and test-classes alike. With maven 2.2.1, the test
classes do not compile anymore, complaining about a missing class from
the provided dependency.

I have browsed JIRA and found issues that sound similar, mentioning a
change of spec when dealing with the inheritance of the provided scope,
but this case seems a bit different, as no inheritance is involved.

Has anyone faced a similar issue? Is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance, -Olivier