On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 10:57 PM, Stephen Connolly
<stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com> wrote:
> the reason to bother compiling is to verify that the release build will work
> when the version numbers have been transformed. But if you don't mind borked
> tags in your SCM....

True: if you want to do anything beyond the test phase before
tagging the code, this won't work.

(I'm not scared by version number transformation ... I haven't had that
break a build for me yet.  Without running tests, you have no idea
if anything will "work".  You're really just checking that the compile
/ package will probably run without error.  Of course, if your <scm>
info is incorrect then the whole thing could still fall apart in 'perform'.
My point was merely that the preparationGoals are just a way to
hedge your bets anyway, and depending on your process, you
might or might not care to do that.)

Zac