Hi,

My project is a Java GUI app, and when I deploy it, its JAR artifact is uploaded to the repository. I also use a couple of plugins to generate platform-specific executables for the app: launch4j [1] and osxappbundle [2]. I'd like to deploy these executables to the repository too, so that there's a fixed URL from which they can be downloaded. (In fact, I can't think of a reason to deploy the JAR artifact at all; only the executables need to be published.)

My understanding is that this can be accomplished by attaching the executables to my project as "secondary artifacts". But how is that done? The plugins themselves don't appear to have any specific support for this. They simply dump the executable into my project's target directory. Would I use the Assembly plugin? Or something else? I just can't seem to find any documentation or discussion of this issue.

Thanks,

Trevor

[1] http://alakai.org/reference/plugins/launch4j-plugin-usage.html
[2] http://mojo.codehaus.org/osxappbundle-maven-plugin/