On Aug 16, 2010, at 9:05 AM, <mani.si...@cox.com> wrote:

> The site came up as expected but the html did not interpret the
> ${project.name} and it was printed as it is. In comparison when I used apt,
> then the html does show the name which maven reads from the POM.xml

When I use APT, built-in properties such as ${project.name} are not evaluated
and instead show up as-is. I have to add a ".vm" extension to the APT file and
also define the properties I want to use in my POM, taking care not to use
periods. For example:

        <properties>
                <projectVersion>${project.version}</projectVersion>
        </properties>

I can then use ${projectVersion} in my APT file and it is evaluated correctly.
This is as directed by the Site plugin docs. See the section on Filtering:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/examples/creating-content.html#filtering

I'm not sure how you were able to get it to work without doing this. But
perhaps the tactic will solve your XHTML problem.

Trevor