Hello again list - was hoping to NOT be sending all these maven 3
questions...but.....

So we have a parental pom that listed as the top module in the top level pom.

In maven 2, the build just chugs along successfully and handles this no problem.

In maven 3, however, somehow maven jumps right by this particular module and
then errors out saying there are version strings missing in some dependencies
(because we're using dependency management tags and have the versions defined
there).  If I install the parent pom by hand, THEN run the build from the top
down, there are no issues.

My past experience with "corporate" poms was that they weren't normally in the
standard branching structure and typically deployed to the repo manager by
hand, which isn't the case here (yet).

Any suggestions?

P.S. - I'm really enjoying how maven 3 is making us honest with how we have
some stuff set up!

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and the information transmitted within
including any attachments is only for the recipient(s) to which it is intended
and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of; or taking of any action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please send the e-mail
back by replying to the sender and permanently delete the entire message and
its attachments from all computers and network systems involved in its receipt.