On 8/23/10 2:42 PM, Ron Wheeler wrote:
>  This is a bit on the edge of Tomcat and Maven but I am hoping that
> there is a Maven solution or some little trick that makes the problem go
> away.
>
> Our LMS portal consists of 60 separate modules that we build using
> Maven. About  45 are webapps that we need to deploy to make a new
> release. Another 10 or so are libraries that get deployed to the
> sharable lib folder n Tomcat.
>
> When we build them with Maven, we get a nice xyz-1.9.1.war file but we
> can't (or do not know how to) deploy it with the version number intact
> and still have it run. Tomcat includes the version in the deployed
> webapp which screws up names of things.

You mean that Tomcat includes the version in the context path? That
should be easy to change with a context.xml file. Not sure if this fixes
your whole problem, but I think it's a Tomcat/J2EE "best practice" to
not depend upon the container's default context path and always try to
specify it yourself.

Justin