I am building a war (a.war) that depends on a jar (depend1.jar).  That jar
(depend1.jar) is provided by the the App server (actually it is something we
build, but we install it globally), so it is in a.war pom.xml as "provided".

The thing is, depend1.jar depends on several other jars, but since it is
"provided" those jars must be listed individually in a.war pom.xml as well.

a.war -depends--> depend1.jar -depends--> depend[2..N].jar

Is there a way to, when building a war, have a jar and all its dependencies
be part of the compile time path, but not be included in the war file
itself, without having to list each one in the pom.xml?

thanks,

skatz