On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Andrew Hughes <ahhug...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> When -Dmaven.test.skip=true the jar:test-jar goals are skipped. Other
> modules who have a dependency on the jar:test-jar artifact then fail
> (unresolved dependency).
>
> Is this a sensible default for the plugin and any idea's how I can override
> this?
>
> Thanks heaps (again)  :)
> --Andrew

I've noticed this too.
But when thinking about it, I *really* do want my tests to be working.
So its important to fix them.

One case where this is a problem is in integration tests and someone
plays with the data in databases.  Whole tests start failing.
And then someone wants to cut a release ...

So we work around this issue by doing
  -Dmaven.test.failure.ignore=true
which still runs the tests, so the test-jar gets built, but ignores
all failures.

Dont do it often, but its in the toolbox for when you do.