On the dev list we've been discussing more formal plans to drive to
the Maven 3.0 final release. The plan is to release weekly release
candidate releases with the goal of having 3.0 final by the beginning
of October. So far Maven 3.0 beta 3 is pretty stable with only a
couple of regressions identified. We need your help to determine what
else needs to be fixed before the final release. So if you haven't
yet, we would like you to grab the latest 3.x build and give us your
feedback. You can find the download link here:
http://maven.apache.org/download.html

--Brian
Apache Maven PMC Chair