Hey Brett,
    The slow down is only visible on my MBP apparently. I just ran
this on my linux box and it's significantly faster.
No windows (thankfully) box to try this out on.

MBP using m2 1 minute 11 seconds
MBP using m3 1:14.573s

Linux using m2 39 seconds
Linux using m3 30.972s

There are 11 modules being run not including the parent modules that
they are in.
I just showed one test run for each but they are all within a couple
of seconds of those times.