Hello again. In my usecase all submodules SHOULD include a common set of
dependencies. The submodules have no dependencies to other submodules.
Thats why declaring the dependencies in the parent pom. The configuration
option
><autoVersionSubmodules>true</autoVersionSubmodules>
 is only responsible to auto update the parent of all submodules.
Independent from whether declaring the dependencies in the parent or in
the submodules the plugin should reuse dependency version mappings once
entered by the user for all subsequent/dependent modules. If it finds a
unmapped artifact/version in a module it can prompt the user for it and
reuse this mapping for the whole process without prompting again. This
behavior should work for all usecases, shouln't it?

Marcus

"Maven Users List" <users@maven.apache.org> writes:
>The previous replies seem to miss the mark, your set up sounds good to
>me. The missing configuration you are looking for is:
>                               <configuration>
>
> <autoVersionSubmodules>true</autoVersionSubmodules>
>                               </configuration>
>
>Kalle
>

>On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 8:07 AM, Marcus Linke <li...@newsaktuell.de>
>wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> i 've the following problem releasing a multi-module project with the
>> maven-release-plugin (Version 2.0). The top (parent) pom-style project
>> defines a set of snapshot dependencies that are inherited to all of its
>> submodules. When using the release plugin in interactive mode, the
>plugin
>> prompts for the new versions of these snapshot dependencies. So far, so
>> good. But when diving into the submodules this is repeated for each
>module
>> again.  This is really annoying me because i have 20 submodules in that
>> project. Is this is a know problem or a type of misconfiguration.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Marcus Linke

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Marcus Linke

--

Softwareentwicklung, IT
news aktuell GmbH - Ein Unternehmen der dpa-Gruppe

www.newsaktuell.de
www.presseportal.de

www.newsaktuell.de/blog
www.twitter.com/newsaktuell
www.youtube.com/newsaktuell
www.facebook.com/pages/newsaktuell/152372075544
www.friendfeed.com/newsaktuell

--

Registergericht: Hamburg, Registernummer: HRB 42 738
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer gemäß § 27 a Umsatzsteuergesetz: