I've been hired to do the mavenizing of a project at a client.  There I found
an interesting problem and I'm unsure how to proceed.  I'll clarify.

There is a project which has 3 web folders with JSP pages in them and
there's one src package folder which contains the java classes, with JSP
controller classes as well.

Using ant and property files the developers create three wars with the same
java code and one of the JSP folders.  This is because each JSP folder
represents a different application.

At first I suggested to put the src java code into a project which is then
built as a jar and include it in the three web modules but the developers
don't want that.  They want to be able to deploy and test and remove
seperate classes on their own.

I could really use some advice on this one.

Thanks!