Yes, though native support for (8) isn't particularly strong or easy. Different
Maven plugins tend to help with that support in specific domains.

You might be interested in looking at NPanday
(http://incubator.apache.org/npanday/), which already provides some integration
with VS, .sln files and msbuild - though it is focused at .NET C# and VB and
may need some changes to support C++.

You might also be interested in the "NAR" plugin, though I'm not sure what it's
latest home is.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter