I'd like my shared assembly to be used to import additional files I'd
like to include in my final assembly.  Something like:

shared-assembly/pom.xml
shared-assembly/src/main/resources/assemblies/my-assembly.xml
shared-assembly/src/main/resources/common/README

my-assembly.xml:

<fileSet>
    <directory>common</directory>
    <includes>
        <include>README</include>
    </includes>
   <outputDirectory>/</outputDirectory>
</fileSet>

So, whatever project uses my-assembly.xml from shared-assemby will get
the README file as well.

I've seen this done alternatively by putting README in it's own
project, using dependency:unpack during the process-resources phase,
and then referencing that file in the assembly.  But, it seems like
the above is cleaner.

Thanks,
Mike