I may be over my head here, but I think that when you do a *release* (using the
release plugin), there is an option to have a version of the pom created for the
tag that has the properties fully resolved.  See
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/prepare-with-pom-mojo.html

Does this address your use case?

-Marshall Schor