Hey all,
I have a number of builds that, depending on the profile selected, should
deploy a different artifact.  Usually this is related to branding using the
profiles to change the /src/main/resources to instead use branded versions.

Problem is, my current approach definitely has some issues with various tooling
and plugins:

pom.xml: <artifactId>${myCustomArtifactId}</artifact>

profile1:
<properties><myCustomArtifactId>app-profile1</myCustomArtifactId></properties>

profile2:
<properties><myCustomArtifactId>app-profile2</myCustomArtifactId></properties>

Is there a cleaner way to change the 'artifactId' based on the selected profile
instead of this property approach, while still keeping support for things like
-source/-javadoc deploys as well (each branded).

thanks!

-D