We do a little bit of sleuthing when resolving these types of issues
to make sure the file hasn't been changed, which is why automatic
correction isn't implemented. We are working on process to ensure that
no new things come in this way. It can only happen today via the old
rsync mechanisms and those are deprecated and will be disabled soon
anyway.