Thanks Kristian,

i will try this on monday :-)

S.
Somehow this sounds like the notorious
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/PLXCOMP-149 and the attached
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSHARED-148

Upgrade all your plugins to the latest version.

Kristian

Make sure fr., 03.12.2010 kl. 20.47 +0100, skrev reno:
hi,

today, we encountered a strange result with the assembly plugin: we had a jar inside a project which is a part of the project. We write an assembly file to create a tar file. No problem for the part :-)
the problem is:
the size of the library is about 2.7 Mo. when we untar the package, the size of the library is 4.6 Mo !!
Is anybody see this strange behavior ?

I know that we could use deploy the library on a maven repository (we will do it next week) but i would like to know why after packaging and untaring, the size of the library increases..

(maven 2.1, jdk 5, RHEL5)

Regards

S.