That's exactly what I needed, thanks!

I do have another question about the whole setup though.

I've been looking at the example of building a distribution with a
multimodule project
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/examples/multimodule/module-binary-inclusion-simple.html

At this point I made a new module which will assemble the folders with their
data in the correct structure.  Now I want to build the whole distribution,
which brought me to the above quoted page.

The problem is, how do I get the newly created release modules' assembly in
the distribution alongside with the dependencies in this distribution
assembly?  I already got the dependencies as explained in the link above,
referencing an original jar (not the new assembly module).  Because the new
assembly modules are in packaging pom...  I could switch to jar there too,
but I'd have a jar included that is a dummy of some sort.

I am thinking about excluding the jar, and also the original jar as well.
This is because the former is a dummy and the latter is already included in
the new assembly module, which might clash if it's twice on the classpath,
right?

If I'm not making any sense at all, by all means say so :-)

Thanks for the help given so far.  I do think I'm on the right road