Assume I use a local pom.xml which includes/access a remote master pom.xml

Now I want to take the full project and continue to  develop it on my home
computer.
unfortuantely I have to access at home onto the remote computer with the master
pom.xml.

So I must at first merge the local pom.xml with the master pom.xml at the
university.
Then I can take it with me and have the full pom.xml available at home.

How do I merge from cmdline the local pom.xml with a remote master pom.xml in
detail?

Does this pom merging work as well with MULTIPLE master pom.xml's or even
cascading master pom.xml's ?

Ben