Matt Raible wrote on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 3:44 PM:

> I have a couple of questions about using the multi-project plugin.
>
> 1.  I'm basing my project structure off of the example at
> (http://wiki.codehaus.org/maven/CreatingJ2eeApplications)
> because it's Eclipse friendly.  However, it's unclear how I
> can manage my project with Eclipse using this structure.  Do
> I type "maven eclipse" in the basedir, the root dir or in
> each individual sub-project?  Can I use Eclipse to manage the
> entire project or just sub-modules?

In each subdir. Don't forget to set the dependency properties, that tells Eclipse
which subprojects depend on each other (otherwise you can always fix this within
Eclips ealso easily). Import then all these projects into Eclipse. Since the single
projects are dependent, you can easily refactore over all these projects without
problems.

> 2.  My understanding of how to arrange xdocs is to put a
> couple of files in root/xdocs that explains the entire
> project.  Then in sub-project/xdocs is where I put more
> specific information about each sub-project.  As far as I can
> tell, there's not magic that'll link the top project to the
> sub-projects in navigation.xml - so I'm guessing I have to
> manually specify links to the sub-project's pages.
>
> Any recommended multi-project examples would be great.

Have a look at the genapp plugin. You can create several types of vanilla projects
with it.

-- Jörg