On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 12:54 PM, baz themail <bazthem...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. Someone need to fix a bug in production.
> 2. Create a new branch for bug fix based on a label.
> 3. The newly created branch will contain older pom files with older
> version that already released in Nexus (or any Maven based
> repository).

How is the branch being created?  Either the release plugin or the scm
plugin has a branch goal that will change the version number, though
iirc it modifies the tag to do it, which I don't like.  Or, you can
use the versions plugin to easily set the new version.

> 4. Logically, once the branch is created from an older label, in order
> to avoid redeploying the old version numbers, the version number
> should be changed.
> 5. Say, if #4 is skipped, then the same version number that exist in
> Nexus will be overwritten after performing a release build.

It shouldn't -- isn't there a setting to make it disallow this?

> 6. This is to assume that we should keep the old release version even
> if it is buggy.

Released artifacts should never change, so yes, you should keep the
old buggy version separate from the new fixed version.

--
Wendy