> Maybe I had misunderstood - the maven-deploy-plugin information I had read.
>
> For example - chapter 2.14 in the book "Java Power Tools".

I found that book on Amazon and was able to dig inside it a little bit
to look at chapter 2.14.

You simply don't know/understand that the use of the word "deploy" in
Maven is different from what you generally understand it to mean, and
the author doesn't appear to take the time to explain it in that
section either, or if he did, I missed it. Deploy in Maven means
"upload an artifact to a remote Maven repo using the Maven repo
structure/layout so others using Maven can find and use it." That is
exactly what the maven-deploy-plugin is doing for you. You can think
of "deploy" in Maven to mean essentially "mvn install to a remote
server."

The next section in the book 2.15 talks about "deploying" your app to
various app servers using Cargo. This is the kind of deployment you
are looking for.

Wayne