Hi,

I want to create a tar file using assembly plugin. I am able to do create a tar
file but unable to customize the root folder. It always is project/module name.

For example: My module name is "Example" and I want to create "Example.tar"
file and it should directly contain "MyFolder". But when I create tar file the
"MyFolder" is under the "Example" folder by default.

I need something like this.
Example.tar
---------MyFolder

But I am getting like this.
Example.tar
-------Example
------------MyFolder

Below are my "bin.xml" and "pom.xml".

pom.xml
-------------------------
<plugin>
      <version>2.2</version>
      <executions>
            <execution>
                  <phase>process-resources</phase>
                  <goals>
                        <goal>single</goal>
                  </goals>
            </execution>
      </executions>
      <configuration>
            <descriptors>

<descriptor>${project.basedir}/src/main/assembly/bin.xml</descriptor>
            </descriptors>
      </configuration>
</plugin>

bin.xml
-----------------------
<assembly

xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/assembly/1.1.2";

xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/assembly/1.1.2
      http://maven.apache.org/xsd/assembly-1.1.2.xsd";>

      <id>bin</id>
      <formats>
            <format>tar</format>
      </formats>
      <fileSets>
            <fileSet>
                  <directory>${project.basedir}/src/main/MyFolder</directory>
                  <outputDirectory>MyFolder</outputDirectory>
            </fileSet>
      </fileSets>
</assembly>

Regards,