As Wayne mentioned, most of the modules contain an url to a license
rather than have it checked in. Perhaps you just need the license
report instead? The dependencies report of the mpir plugin has had a
license section for quite some time, I use it all the time. See e.g.
the dependency report of the mpir plugin itself:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-project-info-reports-plugin/dependencies.html.

Kalle