Which version of the site plugin are you using (it's not specified in your poms)? Please test 2.3-SNAPSHOT, some staging issues should be fixed with http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-533.

HTH,
-Lukas

Marcin Kuthan wrote:
Hi

My multi module project is structured with separate aggregate pom and
parent pom (aggregate pom is not a parent pom).
All modules are aggregated by aggragate pom (parent pom is also
submodule of aggregate pom). All submodules inherit from parent pom.

Aggregate pom:
http://code.google.com/p/m4enterprise/source/browse/trunk/modular-war/pom.xml

Parent pom:
http://code.google.com/p/m4enterprise/source/browse/trunk/modular-war/modular-war-parent/pom.xml

And other submodules:
http://code.google.com/p/m4enterprise/source/browse/trunk/modular-war/modular-war-core/pom.xml
http://code.google.com/p/m4enterprise/source/browse/trunk/modular-war/modular-war-webapp/pom.xml

For all modules<url>  are defined to reflect project structure. When
the site is deployed (mvn site-deploy) links between modules are
valid, but for site stage (mvn site:stage or mvn site:stage-deploy)
are broken.

It looks that relative links point one directory level too high. In
the index page of aggregate pom the link to the parent module looks
like:
../../../../../my-site-url-from-dist-management-section/modular-war-parent/index.html

If I change it to (remove one directory level):
../../../../my-site-url-from-dist-management-section/modular-war-parent/index.html
link is valid.

Links to modular-war-parent from modular-war-core and
modular-war-webapp are valid, e.g: "../index.html", only links from
aggregate pom to submodules are broken.

I tried to remove trailing slashes from<url>  element but it didn't
help, the links were unchanged.

Do you have an idea where is a mistake in my configuration? And why
links are broken only for site stage, when for regular site deployment
are valid?

Thanks,
Marcin