On 02/01/2011 10:23 PM, Wayne Fay wrote:
How do I access the  maven version from my java code.
For what purpose, exactly? Are you building a Maven plugin, or simply
building some Java project with Maven?

I have done this by reading version number during runtime from MANIFEST.MF file:

        import java.util.jar.Attributes;
        import java.util.jar.Manifest;

Manifest manifest = (Manifest)app.getServletContext().getAttribute("MANIFEST");
        if (manifest == null)
            try {
manifest = new Manifest(app.getServletContext().getResourceAsStream("/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF"));
            } catch (Exception e) {
                manifest = new Manifest();
            }
        String version = getAttribute(manifest, "Implementation-Version");

Just curious if this solution is ok or exists better one?

Thanks, Martin Schayna.