Hey.

I am having a bit of an issue with Maven 3 and version ranges. I posted a bug (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5006) that does not seem to be getting any immediate attention, so I'll try here.

The problem appears to be that if we refer to any of our internal projects as a range. Maven 3 will attempt to resolve a released version of our master project pom on the snapshot repository - even when running in offline mode (-o). And if I replace the range dependency with the version it ends up resolving, that will not happen.

The really strange part is that it appears to be working correctly in some cases. Most of our builds will right now work fine on our Hudson server, but not locally on my machine. Even though the settins.xml files are identically. So environment seems to be related. But it can't really be something as simple as if the pom already being in the local repository. As the file it will fail to validate is the same one as the project I am running has a parent - and that resolved just fine.

Does anyone have any experiences idea what could be the reason for this? Or is this simply a bug in Maven 3.0.2?

I looked at the page Maven suggests to explain the issue I get (http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/DependencyResolutionException). But as far as I can tell there is nothing that covers something like this.

/Kristoffer Peterhänsel