Hi Wendy ,

     I agree to the concern why is the <parent> being used in different
components. But, the project < which contains multiple components > is being
setup this way and each component refers to the <parent> [ actually as these
components uses the <parent> component dependencies ,it is setup this way] .

     And, if we build the parent and then the component without
<relativePath> , it builds fine.But,not everytime we build from the
component , and as the parent project name changes and is maintianed in the
settings.xml profile; hence it requires a way where the <relativePath> can
be dynamically loaded from settings.xml profiles.

Thanks,
Chandra