Jeff Jensen wrote:
With Maven 3, how do I configure the site plugin to have a module's
defined site reports added to the parent's defined site reports (and
parent doesn't have the child report defined) instead of replacing the
parent's report config?  Is this expected to work/possible (I'm hoping
I don't have to dupe the reports config into the child module)?

In the parent pom's<build>/<pluginManagement>  element, I configured
the site plugin with default reports configuration.  This works great
for having all modules run with the same reports.

Now one module needs an additional report which shouldn't run for the
other modules as it would just duplicate the effort.  So I added the
site plugin config with that one additional report configured to that
module's<build>/<plugins>  element.  However, for that module, now the
other reports, defined in the parent, don't run; only the one report
configured in its pom runs.

I would guess that this is the expected behavior, as otherwise it would not be possible to remove reports defined in the parent. You will have to add all the reports again if you want them to run in this module.

Cheers,
-Lukas

I didn't find docs/info on this problem and my experiments didn't
change anything.  Anyone have advice on how to solve this problem?

I realize one workaround is to create a separate project/pom and have
a different CI job run that one report, and I may have to, but it
seems this Should Work (TM) and I don't know how yet!