Well, I figured out the problem.  My code was using System.exit(n>0) which
killed the surefire plugin, because this termination method is apparently is
too much for testFailureIgnore>true</testFailureIgnore>.

Please close the issue.

From: Morgovsky, Alexander (US - Glen Mills)
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2011 2:21 PM
To: 'users@maven.apache.org'
Subject: <testFailureIgnore>true</testFailureIgnore> not working using all
combinations of Maven/Surefire

Hi all.

I have tried using Maven 2.0.5, 2.0.6, etc. all the way up to 2.1.0.  I have
also tried versions of maven-surefire plugin, from 2.2 all the way to 2.6.  I
have also tried all versions of forkmode, including always, once, pretest and
configuring <testFailureIgnore>true</testFailureIgnore>.

I even tried passing maven.test.failure.ignore=true and
maven.test.error.ignore=true both on the command line and in the argLine of the
surefire-plugin config because I read about these arguments online..I don't
know if they are supported etc. but at this point I'm trying anything.

After all this, my Maven process still fails upon a build failure.

I get some nullpointers in my tests and then a Maven ERROR message, and the
process fails.

java.lang.NullPointerException
[ERROR] There are test failures.

Can someone please tell me what is going on...The permutations of maven
version, surefire plugin version,  etc that I have tried is up to 90, and
nothing I try prevents Maven from failing on exception.

Please assist.